Gbanga is at the forefront when it comes to creating mixed reality games. After winning several gold awards last year, we are again nominated at the Best of Swiss Apps – with three games. Our CEO Matthias Sala has been invited to speak at the 12th Day of Online Advertising by Goldbach Group to underline the most important aspects of why mixed-reality games are so exceptional.
- It’s an immersive experience: everything around you in reality becomes a part of the game and all your senses are involved. The story intertwines with the real world creating new tales told differently. Like in Polder, where fiction meets reality.
- It’s a holistic experience: We go beyond tapping the small screen, the whole body can become a controller, the smartphone becomes your companion and goggle to the virtual world. And it doesn’t stop with the mobile screen. With new devices like VR, the mix gets more interesting – like in Galaxy Invaders VR, where you move a space ship by running sideways while alien ships attack you.
- It’s an adventurous experience: you travel through the real world, explore new areas around you and the distance you make in the real world transfers to the distance within the game. Like in StadtNatour where you explore the breath-taking flora and fauna of a city’s nature.
- It’s a social experience. You will meet new people playing the same game to discuss strategy or simply having a drink when the game is over. Like in Urban Hunt, where thousands of players run to escape a hunter to joyfully gather at the end and talk about the experience.
- It’s an epic, larger-than-life experience: you can do things you always might have wished to do. Like in smart Urban Golf, where you play virtual golf while walking through the city.
For us at Gbanga, these aspects are our daily challenge to make great games – and the reasons why it’s fun to develop them! You want to know more about our work? As always feel free to drop us a line a via our contact form.
Image: Goldbach Group