What is Gbanga Millform Inc?
Gbanga Millform Inc is a studio that focuses on the development of mixed-reality games. That is games that analyse the player’s current situation such as location, local weather and friends nearby to deliver a game experience that is more fun.
Our flagship project is Gbanga Famiglia, a mafia-themed game where players compete over real-world establishments like bars and restaurants and extend their territory on a shared global map.
When was Gbanga Millform Inc founded?
Gbanga Millform Inc was founded in 2007. After working on mixed-reality games for the pre-smartphone area, we have started to create mixed-reality games for iOS, Android and HTML5.
What is the meaning of the name?
Our trademark Gbanga is based on a town in Liberia which is spelled GbaRnga. Because our mixed-reality games are often based around locations, we picked a name of a location far, far away.
The name of our Swiss registered company Millform Inc is based on the Italian words mille and forma and literally means thousands of designs.
Who is behind Gbanga Millform?
Gbanga Millform consists of an interdisciplinary team
of enthusiasts and experts with an international background and a divers track record.
Who are the investors?
Gbanga Millform Inc is a founder-owned self-funded company that received additional seed funds from 3 business angels.
Logo & photo download
You can download the Gbanga logo as PNG and as a vector-based EPS and you get the photos of our team here.
- Thousands of people discover post locations around them in a playful way with Postman.
- Attendants of the Swiss lawyer congress learn about working together in the multiplayer virtual reality experience SLX Arena.
- Gbanga celebrates its 10th anniversary.
- More Space for you!, the playground atlas game for children is launched.
- Thanks to the mixed-reality multiplayer game Gross. Stadt. Jagd. thousands of players run through the city of Zurich.
- Gbanga develops the HTML-based game EBL On Tour for EBL Elektra Baselland.
- Various awards and nominations such as winner of AppCircus at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona; only European nominee at GamesBeat’s “Who’s got game competition” and; European finalist in the Top 100 Red Herring Europe
- Mafia Dog is launched for Gbanga Famiglia
- World Domination Satellite purchasable item is launched for Gbanga Famiglia, the most expensive in-game item at time price at $99 US. One is sold within 3 hours of going on sale.
- Gbanga launches its API at the The Next Web Hackaton in Amsterdam
- Gbanga launches the new Phonebooth side-quests for Gbanga Famiglia
- Gbanga was nominated for the Swiss ICT Award in the category Newcomer
- Gbanga Famiglia, a mafia-themed location-based game is launched on the Gbanga platform. It is available world-wide (open beta)
- Gbanga Ballenberg, a virtual scavenger hunt for tourism in cooperation with IMIUniversity Center Lucerne
- Various award nominations such as IMGA International Mobile Game Award,Business Idea 2010, Best of Swiss Web Award Shortlist 2010
- Venture leader participation
- Gbanga Zooh, an educational location-based campaign for Zurich Zoo is launched in the City of Zurich (closed alpha)
- Coaching acceptance by Swiss Confederation’s Innovation Promotion AgencyCTI
- Gbanga Mr. X, a public transport racing game for Zurich
- Millform Inc. is founded by Matthias Sala, Julio Perez and Werner Sala
- Paper prototype is created in a shared student flat in Zurich
- Technical prototype is created
- Matthias Sala and Julio Perez, two Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich) graduates, discuss the idea of a mixed-reality monopoly game during their research placements at Xerox PARC and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in the US.
You need more information? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at Militärstrasse 90, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland. We’re a very small team , so we apologize in advance if we’re not able to get back to you immediately. If you’re on deadline, please include the word “URGENT” and the date and time of your deadline in the subject line of your message, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.