Gross. Stadt. Jagd (Urban. Hunt. in english) is a real-time game that lets players run in the city to escape from a hunting car and become the last man standing during the event. The mobile app game has been developed for Mercedes-Benz Switzerland together with JEFF.
Players download an app and then play on May 29th 2015 at 8pm in Zurich. The last man (or woman) standing is expected to happen after approximately 90-150 minutes. The winner will get a real Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake car worth around 56’000 Swiss Francs.
In only 8 weeks, the breath-taking hunting game has been developed from the ground up by Gbanga, Millform Inc..
Due to the hard real-time requirements, Gbanga, Millform Inc. had to develop the game server and power- and communication-optimized game app completely in-house. Based on our long experience in MMO games, we have chosen a robust, scalable and secure architecture and environment. More details will be published after the game has taken place.
- Virtual game, real walking
- Game genre: tag game, last man standing, gotcha
- Duration: 90 – 150 minutes
- For iOS and Android
- Spectator mode works in HTML5 browsers, too
Awards and nominations
- Gold in Best of Swiss Apps – Games 2015
- Gold in Best of Swiss Apps – Technology 2015
- Gold in Best of Swiss Apps – Campaigns 2015
- Bronze in Best of Swiss Apps – Innovation 2015
- App: Unity 3D, Mapbox
- Server: Nginx, Wildfly, Java
- Webpage: HTML5, jQuery, Google Maps, Google Closure